It's easy to get a great tan at a MagicTan salon! Here are a few tips about sunless tanning to help you get that perfect result every time! Whether you tan in the privacy of our spray tanning booths or use our sensational personal tanning products the same principals of sunless tanning are used for that perfect tan.
If you would like to know how sunless tanning systems work in general click here.
For best results, here's the best way to start:
- Shower & exfoliate. Exfoliation smooths the natural ridges in your skin creating a much more even tan. Do not use an exfoliant that contains oils. For best results use MagicTan's Exfoliating Body Polish. It is oil free, natural and it smells great!
- Do not apply deodorant, creams perfumes or lotions.
- Prepare your skin. Imagine your skin is a very dry sponge (it is actually!). Pour water on a dry sponge and the water simply bounces off. The same thing happens with tanning solution. That is why MagicTan developed their special Prep Skin Conditioner. It moisturizes your skin and prepares it for the tanning solution. Prep Gel also neutralizes the pH balance of your skin. Prep Gel has been shown to make your tan as much as 30% darker as well as more consistent.
- Make it last. Your tan should last for at least 5 days but remember that your skin recycles itself regularly. Long baths and showers, swimming, lying on a sandy beach, will all encourage your skin to exfoliate naturally, losing your tan in the process.
These MagicTan Personal Tanning Products will extend the life of your tan.
- MagicTan Extend provides regular moisturising to extend the length of your tan.
- MagicTan Touch Up will help you even out your sunless tan.
- MagicTan Aerosol Self-Tanning System is great for making your tan last. Simply spray it on lightly every two to three days and your tan will last as long as three weeks!
- MagicTan Foaming Skin Conditioning Mousse will protect you from the harsh effects of some soaps.
Also if you have any allergies, please talk to a staff member or email us and we'll give you a full list of ingredients in our tanning solution and creams.